Why Build Green?
Certified green projects are more energy and water efficient, safe, healthy, and durable. They are affordable to build and they are less expensive to operate and maintain.
Why Certify Green?Great Reasons to Seek Certification for Your Green Building
- Certifying a building is a clear accomplishment. It’s an independent evaluation of your efforts and recognition of achievement of your goal. Certifying a builder suggests that a person or company will apply green techniques and technologies despite the budget or the client desires, independently certifying a building or project verifies actual application of the process.
- Green Building certification says to the world, “I did it.”
- It is a clear recognition of commitment and achievement.
- Green Building certification is an expression of your commitment to minimize your impact on the environment.
- It identifies a commitment to responsible growth and development.
- Green Building certification verifies the accomplishment
- It’s one thing for you to make claims about the technologies or benefits in your project. There’s an entirely different level of credibility when an independent organization verifies that claim.
- Green Building certification distinguishes you from others
- Since “Green” is the new branding, everyone is on board. Soon, the next big media trend will be exposing those who are “faux green.” Those following the process of a recognized green certification will easily distinguish themselves from the others.
- Green Building certification provides a unique market position for a property.
- Whether it’s a commercial building, single- or multi-family home, a green certification tells the owner that there will be savings in water and energy over traditional building.
What are the benefits of Green Standards?
- Consumer protection – avoid greenwashing
- Independent third party certification as market differentiation
- Reduced operating costs
- Potential performance enhancements
- Not reinventing the wheel
- Leaders can declare green without having to create the details of their proclamation
- Measurable CO2 reduction
Benefits of Green Certified Homes
Benefits to the homebuyer:
Benefits to the home builder:
Benefits to the Community:
|Enhances the profitability of resale.||Gain valuable promotion and advertising.||Conservation of water resources.|
|Enhances the affordability of operation.||Differentiate your home from the competition.||Management of waste and stormwater.|
|Enhances the indoor air quality of the home.||Home buyers link green home features with quality.||Provide / maintain affordable housing.|
|Increases the durability of the home.||Increase customer referrals.||Maintain affordable and reliable energy sources.|
|Provides for greater access to mortgage money.||Add to the marketing value of your homes.|
|Responsible use of resources.||Reduce builder
|Indoor air quality.|